Complete results of last week's event are available at tinyurl.com/GopherClassic23. Photos and videos are also available for viewing here: 2023 Gopher Classic Photos & Videos (drive.google.com); more may be added in case anyone wants to share. While Luke Sandy of North Dakota dominated in singles, he couldn't quite help Bill Russell get that 12th ring. Doubles goes to the Bulldogs this year: Mark Brissett (Duluth, MN) & Mat Langhorst (UMD). Congratulations also to champions Andrew Burkhart (A), George Langhorst (B), and Chris Harper (C).
The students were happy to see the event come back and enjoyed making connections with new players. Amid this opportunity to both play and witness the game at another level, they found participants to be kind, passionate, and willing to offer insights for improvement. It was an overall fun and invaluable experience that has deepened their commitment & appreciation for the sport.
On behalf of the Handball Club at the University of Minnesota, Thank You! Because of your support, the event will come back next year bigger & better and is on track to sustain itself for years to come.
Your continued support & engagement is both appreciated by the Handball Club and a crucial benefit to the broader handball community.
- Make a direct donation: Handball Program (makingagift.umn.edu).
- Assist in the search for course instructors: UMN Careers (external applicants).
- Search 'handball' to find the Teaching Specialist posting.
- Submissions should be made several months before the intended semester.
- Times suitable for candidates and acceptable to the University can be the course schedules.
- Share your ideas, ask questions, or simply reach out to stay connected: Handball Club (email).